Welcome to the WEBSITE OF THE 30TH NATIONAL SCIENTIFIC SESSION OF THE HUNGARIAN PSYCHOLOGICAL ASSOCIATION!
The title of the conference is: Encounter in Change – Changes in Encounter
It is a great pleasure and pride for us to organise this conference with a long tradition in June 2023, jointly by the Institute of Psychology of the University of Pécs and the Hungarian Psychological Association.
The biannual Session is Hungary’s largest scientific forum in psychology, which enables for experts from different parts of the country to meet, present their new research results, and exchange ideas and cooperate with professionals and similar professions from across the border.
In preparing for the Session, we felt we could not circumvent the issues that changes around us are bringing about in our lives. The accelerated pace and scope of change and the lack of predictability is having a significant impact on our relationships and our daily lives. Unexpected events and uncertainty generate new problems and raise new questions for psychology as well. With these ideas in mind, the Session will seek answers to the following questions:
- How, in what ways, does the profession see change in different areas of psychology? How is change taking place?
- Where does change start and where does it take place? Within us, around us or at the borders? In the past, in the present or in the future?
- What are the layers of meaning and experiences of change? Can change be understood? How and in what dimensions can change be understood?
- How can we prepare for change? Who is prepared for change? What are the conditions for change? Can we help and, if so, how can we help prepare for change?
- How can we respond to change?
- How is change received, managed and led at individual, group, organisational and societal levels? What is the relationship between culture and change? How can change be the basis of culture?
- What can be the impact of change? Does it separate, connect, shape old and new forms of connection and encounter within and outside the profession? How does change affect psychologists, psychologist and client, psychologist and other professionals, psychologist and communities?
- What is the role and function of the encounter? What and how can change be a sustaining force? Are encounters a trigger, a barrier, an accelerator, a decelerator of change?
- In the face of change, what opportunities do traditions offer?
The round anniversary of the conference, the 30th Session provides the opportunity, space and time to meet and discuss these issues.
We are preparing with great excitement for the event ahead. Our aim is to provide an unforgettable and high quality professional-scientific and cultural experience for all participants of the conference, which will bring the good news of the University of Pécs and the Hungarian Psychological Association to people both at home and beyond our borders.
We provide all the information about the conference on our website and encourage everyone to visit it (https://mpt.hu). If you cannot find the answer to your question on the website, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance!
We wish you a successful preparation, research and conference participation!
See you in Pécs, Hungary, on 8-10 June 2023!